Before taking his customary Christmas Break, Arne Hoffman gives a roundup of how he saw 2019 from Germany, including highlights of world events.
Tag: social services
British authorities have been snatching children from their parents and having them adopted. A baby can be removed at birth under UK law and put into foster care or up for adoption, without parental consent, if the parents are deemed to be potentially dangerous to their child in the future.
Countries and Regions
- Democratic Party sets rules for criticizing Biden's VP pick Kamala Harris
- A third of House Democrats think destroying an innocent student’s life is like a short-term suspension
- Ninth Circuit Adopts ‘Simpler’ Method for Accused Student Claims
- Lawsuit Alleges Teen Boy in LA County Juvenile Hall Was Given Female Hormones
- Alice Coffin: ‘man-hater’ splits French feminists
- "If Ellen DeGeneres leaves her show, Hollywood shouldn't replace her with a white man"
- "Boys enjoy educational advantages despite being less engaged in school than girls"